Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Melodrama

    I can still smell you.  There was a breath we shared on that last morning.  The last touch, last kiss, last look.  How could we have possibly known that our lives would be so irrevocably separated.  So destroyed by distance and time, and the moment.  It lasts with me now sometimes only in the night, only when my mind wanders, but it wanders often and I may never forget. 
    I can only remember small bits.  Lotion, smelling of synthetic flowers making your skin smooth as I run the tips of my fingers up.  And you smell like I want to hold you forever.  Your eyes looking into mine with all that wanting.  What I thought you wanted, now I only want to know what you are thinking.  You so desperate to see inside of me, and me so desperate to hide from you.  I want to give you what you wanted.  To give you everything.  To give you my heart and so much more. 
    Did you know that I love you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment